Assistant Branch Manager
Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: AVP/Branch Manager/Director of Retail Banking
The Assistant Branch Manager will assist the Branch Manager with the overall operation of the branch and assume responsibility for the branch when the Branch Manager is absent. This high contact individual requires an ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current customers as well as bank staff at all levels and to represent the bank in a positive and professional manner by exemplifying the Core Values. Under the guidance and direction of the Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager will ensure the retail banking office staff provides excellent customer service, ensures compliance with established Bank policies and procedures, and conforms to all state and federal banking regulations. The Assistant Branch Manager will be an efficient, organized individual with the ability to perform complex tasks in a timely manner and multi-task without direct supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the growth and profitability of the bank by providing excellent customer service, maintaining the existing customer base, cross-selling products and services and controlling office expenses.
- Assist the Branch Manager in supervising the retail operations staff by providing day-to-day coaching and training, participating in periodic verbal reviews and provide input into annual performance evaluations. This supervision will also include ensuring the bank’s balancing and attendance standards are met, providing verbal and written disciplinary action when warranted. Review of staff time sheets to ensure that hours worked are recorded correctly and overtime expenses are controlled.
- Assist the Branch Manager in achieving assigned branch deposit goals by providing staff coaching to cross sell bank products and services. Encourage staff referrals for online banking, merchant bankcard services and other available bank products and services.
- Ensure bank policy and procedures are followed to ensure compliance and the security of the office, including but not limited to, following prescribed opening and closing procedures, reviewing and adhering to signing authority limits, and maintaining control of keys, combinations and alarm codes.
- Assist the Branch Manager in overseeing the branch cash administration, including but not limited to, providing tellers with cash limit cards, daily office cash balancing, ensuring the office cash limits are not exceeded and follow proper procedures on occasions when limits are exceeded, cash ordering, cash shipments, spot checking teller cash drawers, researching teller cash differences and customer cash orders. Assist the Branch Manager in reviewing and processing daily reports, including but not limited to, NSF transactions, large currency transactions, non-posted transactions, statement of condition, deficit balance, new accounts and account maintenance.
- Assist in reviewing and approving large transactions within assigned limits. Assist with training of new branch staff and cross-training and development of existing staff in all operations functions and duties. Ensure that office staff is aware of online compliance training - allowing them time to complete the required courses.
- Assist in the administration of branch certifications, in conjunction with the compliance calendar and certification checklist, ensuring that all regulatory requirements are met. Compile branch reports requested within the established timelines. Must demonstrate the knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations affecting the financial services industry as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Customer Privacy requirements, Regulation D (Interest on Deposits), Regulation CC (Expedited Funds Availability Act), Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act), Regulation E (Electronic Funds Transfers Act), Right to Financial Privacy Act, Identity Theft requirements, protecting customer Privacy and the Community Reinvestment Act, SCRA (Servicemembers Civil Relief Act).
- Assist the Branch Manager in conducting monthly meetings with office staff, which includes training in conjunction with the monthly compliance training calendar.
- Attend weekly, monthly and/or quarterly sales, staff development, strategic planning, compliance, and operations meetings as might be requested. Provide input to these meetings relative to knowledge and areas of expertise. Assist in providing manager staff coverage throughout the Bank network when needed.
- Attend community events to promote the bank and its services.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, And Experience Requirements:
- At least 3 - 5 years of prior related banking experience with minimum one year (1 year) supervisory responsibility.
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, teamwork orientation and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends when warranted by time constraints. Travel for training purposes and to provide staff coverage within the local network is required – mileage will be reimbursed pursuant to IRS mileage reimbursement standards.