Branch Manager (Encinitas Office)
Status: Exempt, Full-time
Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Director of Retail Banking
Under the direction of the Director of Retail Banking the Branch Manager is responsible for ensuring branch operational activities run smoothly and efficiently; provides leadership, training, and supervision within the branch; promotes the corporate culture through coaching, guidance, and staff motivation. Assumes responsibility for branch compliance and adherence to bank policies and procedures and conforms to Regulatory and State Banking Regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for contributing to the overall profitability of the bank by providing excellent customer service, maintaining existing customer base, identifying new business/client relationship opportunities, identifying, developing and implementing strategies to improve productivity and operational efficiencies, mitigating controllable operations losses and by controlling office expenses.
- Manage branch growth through ongoing knowledge and training of products and services offered by C3bank and by coaching staff to cross sell bank products and services. Encourage staff referrals for Treasury Management Services, online banking, merchant bankcard services and other bank products and services to meet customer needs.
- Oversee bank policy and procedures are followed to ensure the safety and security of the branch office, including but not limited to, following prescribed opening and closing procedures, reviewing and adhering to signing authority limits, and maintaining control of keys, combinations and alarm codes.
- Responsible for branch cash administration, including but not limited to, providing tellers with appropriate cash limits, daily office cash balancing, ensuring the branch cash limits are not exceeded and proper approvals garnered if cash limits are exceeded, cash ordering, cash shipments, random checking teller cash drawers to ensure adherence to assigned limits, researching teller cash differences and customer cash orders. Review Daily Management Dashboard and process daily reports, including but not limited to, NSF transactions, large currency transactions, non-posted transactions, statement of condition, deficit balance, controlled accounts, new accounts, account maintenance and closed accounts.
- Review and approve large transactions, securing proper authority from Sr. Management for those over individual authorized limits.
- Complete branch certifications, in conjunction with the compliance calendar and certification checklist, ensuring that OCC and State regulatory requirements are met.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal laws and regulations affecting the financial services industry as they pertain to this position including but not limited to the following: Regulation Z (Truth in Lending Act),Regulation B (Equal Credit Opportunity Act),Fair Credit Reporting Act, Bank Secrecy Act in conjunction with the USA PATRIOT Act, Anti-Money Laundering and Customer Information Program, Customer Privacy requirements, Regulation D (Interest on Deposits), Regulation CC (Expedited Funds Availability Act), Regulation DD (Truth in Savings Act), Regulation E (Electronic Funds Transfers Act), UDAAP, Reg. GG, SCRA, Cyber-Security awareness, Right to Financial Privacy Act (State & Federal), Identity Theft requirements, protecting customer Privacy and the Community Reinvestment Act.
- Supervise the retail operations staff by providing day-to-day coaching, conducting periodic verbal reviews and annual performance evaluations to ensure continued career growth. This supervision will also include ensuring the bank’s balancing and attendance standards are met, providing verbal and written disciplinary action when warranted. Review of staff time sheets to ensure that hours worked are recorded correctly and overtime expenses are monitored and controlled.
- Provide training for new branch staff and coaching and cross-training for existing staff in collateral operations duties for continued career growth. Ensure that branch staff complete assigned online compliance training courses, allowing them time to complete the required courses during the business day.
- Conduct regular monthly meetings with branch office staff, which includes training in conjunction with the monthly branch certification requirements.
- Attend periodic Branch Manager Meetings; strategic planning, compliance, and operations meetings as required. Provide input to these meetings relative to the Branch Manager’s areas of expertise.
- Attend community events as required to promote the bank brand and its services.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, And Experience Requirements:
- At least 3 - 5 years of related experience with minimum two years (2 yrs.) leadership/ supervisory responsibility.
- High school diploma or equivalent, some college preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, teamwork orientation and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends when warranted by time constraints.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point).
- FISERV experience a plus.
- Regular attendance is required.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position involves walking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. Vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The individual in this position may be required to push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.